Something that can be difficult for marketing professionals in the medical world to do is make their prospective leads excited about products. I have found in my experiences working with MDprospects that it is one of the bigger struggles a practice can have. I have mapped out 5 different things your practice can do to capitalize on leads. I am speaking from my experiences as a product manager of a Lead Management software.
1. Contests and Sweepstakes create a buzz about products. This can be a great way to increase your word-of –mouth marketing. It can also capture your leads interest instantly through email blasts, blogs, Facebook, Twitter and Newsletters. Contest and sweepstakes encourage people to talk about a company or practice, spreading the word about their products and services. There is no negative consequence for entering a contest or sweepstakes therefore making it even more incentive for people to take a look at your practice. It is important to also follow up with the non- contest winners as they might become a lead in the future.
2. Giveaways are a powerful marketing tool that can bring you many new and repeat customers. You may think that giving things away is going to negatively affect your bottom line but nothing could be further from the truth. People tend to pay attention when they hear the word “free” (at least I do!). A person will tend to feel more obligation to engage with a business that is offering free things. Giveaways can be one of the most successful marketing techniques a practice can use in their business plan.
3. Facebook Linking is also an effective way to use social media for your business. Link your Facebook page to EVERYTHING you do. Make sure it is linked to your website, landing pages, blogs, articles etc. Facebook allows you to customize your audience (who will see your posts) and when. Facebook fluctuates between being the #1 and #2 website in the world, therefore content on Facebook is very important to search engines. This means your Facebook page could help you compete for prime space on Google.
4. Radio Spots can be hard to track in terms of ROI, but a good way to capitalize on radio ads is to give the customer something to mention when they come into your practice. An idea is to link a radio spot to a contest your are holding - when the lead comes into your office they will say “ I heard you on ____ radio station, it said you were having a contest for free LASIK.” It is a good way to get your name out to the public, and also ;much less expensive than TV ads.
5. Charity – Donating to a worthy cause can benefit the givers as much as the receivers. You can promote your charitable activities to build good will in the community, enhance customer loyalty, heighten brand awareness and even increase sales. A couple things to remember: 1) Pick a cause that you believe in 2) Look for something local and 3) Find a cause that relates to your business. After choosing a charity and donating, a few after thoughts should be to promote your efforts via social media and on your website, get your name out there and make sure the public knows you are donating. Network with other donors, this could benefit your practice. And lastly, involve your staff and customers.
There are many more ways to engage your target market, I only chose a few to elaborate on. When you gain leads from these efforts be sure to look at MDprospects for an efficient way to manage the masses.